Tuesday, January 30, 2024

January Good Riddance

 This has been a rough month, we spent many nights below zero and set some new record lows.  I have no idea how many days without sun and over 11 inches of snow/ice that would not go away because of no sun and temps either in negative or single digits.  I barely went outside except to fill the bird feeders all the time and put food out for the feral.

Speaking of the feral, Licorice, I fear he did not make it through the brutal temps.  I put straw in a shelter and had food out but it was perhaps too much. I have not seen him since the morning of the 18th.  I hate this because I had hopes of being able to bring him in some day.  I would have brought him in, but if I even put my hand out he ran.  I had him for 7 months and we do not always get to bring them inside.  They live in their own world.  I know he will be waiting for me someday and he can join all the other kitties up there. 

 

Since it was so cold I have been busy making charity items, nice to have all that yarn in my lap.  I have 5 hats done from the National Parks Hat book.  I have also been busy working on prayer shawls.  11 of them went to a prison and if just one woman turns her life around from knowing God loves her well it is all worthwhile to make them.  I have making plain hats as well.
 
I had crocus coming up before the brutal 2 weeks and my meadow sage had started growing. I did not cover it because I figured it was a lost cause and they would just die from the freeze.  Well was I wrong, when the snow melted and it got warm this week they are still there very green and growing.  I do not know why but we will see what happens til Spring gets here.  




No comments: