Thursday, December 22, 2022

Groucho Marx

 Groucho would have been 19 next March.  She was a feral and Bucky's aunt and Smudgey's half sister.  She was the sweetest girl and the minute I sat down she was on my lap.  Did not want to be picked up and carried but she would sit on my lap 24/7.  She had lost quite a bit of weight down to 4 pounds and yet acted like she was starving but lately she was not eating much, she had no teeth, and was not drinking as much water.  She had constipation issues and the ER vet said her muscles just could not get it all pushed out.  The past week she was very restless, pacing around the main level, circle after circle.  Sunday night she would not settle down, finally I laid down on the couch and she got on my chest and went to sleep.  Tuesday morning when I got home from an appointment I could not find her and finally found her hiding, I know what that means, and I scooped her up to the vet. It was time.  She was my second longest next to Garfield who was almost 21.  It is so quiet in the house even though BigBoy is very talkative but still when you had 3 one morning and now you have one, it is so quiet.  He is crying and wandering and looking for her and his is very clingy which is not like him at all.  So for now it is just one cat and I would kind of like it to stay that way.  Those of you with multiple pets know how much time it takes.  I know he has pancreas issues and his numbers bounce all over the place but he is mine as long as I can keep him.

It sucks to lose a pet when you have them for so long.  She is my 8th cat to be in the pet cemetery.  I am sure one day someone may dig up my back yard and wonder what the heck I was doing.

So for now God and my dad will take care of her til I can go home and be will all my kitties.  RIP Groucho Marx, mommy loves you and I miss you and so does your brother.







No comments: