Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Smudgey

 It has not been above freezing since Feb 6th and we have been below zero the past 2 nights. Many days we hovered around 3 degrees.  I have a feral that I have fed for 10 years and she is probably a year or two older than that.  I fixed her up a feral bed in the front and under the deck. I know she uses the one out front, she watches the birds.  She comes up on the front porch and eats.  She was missing for 47 hours last week and I feared the worst.  Then there she was up front laying in the sun.  It was 2 out and when I went out to feed her she ate a lot and as I was coming back in the house she followed me in.  Well here was my chance.  I had always planned to see if I could bring her in someday, well my someday came.  It was to be -8 that night and I did not think she would make it, so I did not let her back out.  She is hanging out upstairs and seems to not be as freaked out as I thought she might be.  The other 2 are not so sure even though at times she would come in wander around and rub noses with them, now she is in the house and not leaving.  I need to feed the birds this morning and will put her in the bathroom so I can open the doors without her escaping.  I do not need another cat in the house but sometimes God has a plan for us that we don't know about. So my someday to bring her in has arrived and we will see how it goes.  She is a tuxedo and related to Groucho, they had the same dad.

Welcome to the house Smudgey.




No comments: