Friday, December 28, 2018

Santa's Village

When I was in 7th grade, a few years ago the English teacher gave us a paper village to put together and write a story about the village.  The buildings were orange, green, teal, and gold.  I put them together had all the stores, had some one and two story houses and I don't remember if there were any other objects.  I have no idea what my story was about and over the years I have lost most of the pieces.  Last year one of my Facebook group members posted these cross kit pieces for a Santa's Village.  There are 12 pieces all together.  I  purchased the 12 items and began my stitching.  I have not got very far, about 2/3 done with the first one.  So today since Joans had a big after Christmas sale I went and got fabric and some trim and some fir trees to re-create my village.  I am gonna make a box from the pattern and put a piece of styrofoam inside and coordinating fabric on the back.  I am sure I will do further embellishing as I get each piece done.  I would like to get one done a month but not sure that is possible so come next Dec 25 we will see how far I have come.  Meanwhile enjoy the journey with me. Maybe I will even write a story to go along with my new village.