Sunday, July 08, 2018

Step Outside The Box

I am painting my dining room sage green with the chair rail in a rich vanilla bean ice cream color.  I have been searching for fabric for the curtains for several months now. I found some I like but it was $40 yard and needing 5 yards I was not going to pay that much for it, so back to searching again.  My niece and I were in Kohl's the other day and while she was trying on clothes I went looking.  Something led me to the tablecloths.  Well there it was in  the clearance area no less.  I took a picture and texted her and we both agreed it was the perfect fabric.  (I am going back to see if there are 2 more as I am painting my living a teal color and they will go perfect in there as well.)  All I had to do was put a deep hem in the top to go over the curtain rod.  Yes they are a bit long, but who cares, so altogether it cost me about $20 for my curtains, much better than $200 plus sewing them.  And they are very wash and wear.  The top of the wall will be sage green also, just painting the layers one at a time.