Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Debt Free

I am giddy this afternoon because my lender told me my house is paid off and I don't have a car payment or large credit card payment (it gets paid off monthly) so I am now debt free.  My goal was to be debt free 5 years after I retired, well it is 5 years and 5 months, so I consider I met my goal.  You never think you will get here and most people don't.  I know God has blessed me to be able to do this and I can't thank Him enough for allowing me to accomplish my goal.  I have some work to do on the house and after seeing my city has non-stop 7 hour flights to Iceland, I guess I have some plans for all that extra money plus I think I will give some extra to buy a motorbike for our sister church in Muhalaze and get the pastor some wheels. Do you know he sometimes walks 2 hours to give communion, I can't imagine that.  Anyway it is a good feeling to be debt free and I know it will take awhile to sink it but...