Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Another New Adventure

In 2016 both my parents had heart attacks along with a stint for mom and a vavle for dad.  They both had 3 months of rehab. Along with all that it was time for them to move out of the house and into assisted living.  My father has dementia and my mother fought me all the way. But finally it was done along with getting dad VA benefits and a new trust and  new bank accounts and me taking over all their finances and everything else. Where was my brother, oh he was at home half way across the country sitting on his ass and was NO help at all. 

So here it is 2018 and my niece and her husband are moving here.  It is not as bad but it is half way across the country and he starts his new job in a couple of weeks. She finishes school in May, so she is busily packing.  Because they got caught in the housing bubble they will be under water and living with me until sometime in the future.  So once again I will be moving family members and helping them start over. 

I am over the moon excited they are moving here but I am still tired from my ordeals 2 years ago. I have boxes in the basement and garage that I have just not wanted to go through from mom and dad's move, now I have 2 months to get my house in order because they will live in my basement for a few months.  Where do i put all that stuff? 

So if you don't see me here often i am probably sitting in a corner with some chocolate wondering where I am gonna put my stuff while they move in their stuff. Did I mention they have 3 cats and my 2 are probably not going to be happy at all but their cats will be in the basement and mine will have the run of the house. 

If you hear screaming it is just me.  And if you could spare a prayer or two it would be greatly appreciated.

PS we do have 3 eggs and there is snow on the nest right now.