Saturday, April 08, 2017

The Shack

I read the book over a year ago and loved it. I saw the movie today and loved it even more.  I know there are those out there who think the book is anti-Christian and full of un-truths.  I don't believe that is true.  I do believe that the God I believe in can do anything to help deal with the grief and loss and guilt they feel over something that happened in their life.  It is about a man who can not deal with the loss of his child and learns to deal with the tragedy in his and his family's lives.  It is not a movie for everyone but if you read the book and liked it go see the movie because the book comes alive and a couple things make more sense in how they chose the people to play God in the movie.  It is one of those movies that you truly need to spend the rest of the day not doing much because it will wipe you out.  And take lots of kleenex.