Thursday, January 07, 2016

I Am Breaking Up With You

I always remember having a newspaper in the house when I was a kid.  I read the Sunday comics and briefly scanned the rest of the papers. I remember my mom going through the ads planning out the shopping day for every week.  When I left home one of the first things I did was see if I could afford the paper, I could so I ordered it.  Every time I moved I got the paper delivered.

Today I am done with the paper.  It is way too liberal for me.  I can get the ads online.  Mostly lately it has not been delivered or it is after 10am and it is wet and sections are missing. I am tired of reporting the deliverer almost daily for the past few weeks. It is certainly not worth the money I pay and I am just done. 

I guess I held onto it for so long because I am old school, you have to have the paper delivered.  There are only 2 of us on our block who take the paper, and yesterday she is cancelling because of the same problems I have.  I know papers are losing money and it is their own fault.

I will get my news elsewhere and it won't be left leaning.  It was a good run, but now it is over.