Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Best Christmas Gifts

I help the neighbors with the kids after summer school in June and other times.  I have grown close to the kids and sometimes I think my house is somewhat an extension of theirs.  I am still finding army men in my house after this summer.  They all came over today with gifts.  There was a container of homemade goodies, a wrapped gift and a home made card.  We went to the Dollar Tree at least once a week this summer and went through a lot of marshmallows, so my wrapped gift was a bag of marshmallows.  Jack wanted me to keep the bag til next June, but I told him it would not make it and we could go get more.  Bee made me a card with a picture of a cat, she is a very good artist. In it she thanked me for letting her come over after school and talking and just hanging out.  There are times when I hear the doorbell ring and I really don't want to deal with anyone, but it became apparent today that I am just being selfish because when she feels the need to come over she just needs to have someone who can teach her things, listen to her cares and concerns and know that I am here should she need me.  I have the best neighbors and hope they never move.  I also hope the kids will always feel welcome and that they continue to come over whenever they need to.