Friday, November 14, 2014

Bittersweet Win

I entered a contest to win a pattern for a tote bag from Urban Arts and Crafts.  I won one of the 5 copies of the pattern.  However, the store is closing after 12 years.  When UAC was in the River Market and I worked downtown I would often walk down there and shop and sign up for classes.  I have a lot of good memories from 12 years of classes and shopping.  I went today and got some farbric to make one of the bags and I also went shopping in my stash to find some fabric.  You will have to wait for progress pictures.  Please check out the blog from the store owner as she has a lot of great patterns and you can find her on Craftsy as well.

I wish you tons of luck Karen in your new endeavor.  Thanks for the great memories, the fun times, Anni the store cat, and making new friends through the class.

http://www.ialwayspickthethimble.com/ is the blog to follow and see what Karen is up to next. 

Here is the pattern I won.  http://www.ialwayspickthethimble.com/2014/10/03/memory-lane-quilted-tote-sewing-pattern/

Stay tuned to see what my 2 bags will look like.