Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Salmon, Christmas Red, and Lap Robes

I had a baby hummer at my feeders this morning, did not get a picture though, he was so small, so cute. I got my Camp Loopy Project 2 done, not happy with it, so will rip it out and use the yarn for something else at a later time. I love the cotton yarn but it was not the right yarn for this pattern, it needs a sturdier yarn and when I washed and dried it there was a ton of lint. Camp Loopy Project 3 will be a vest with the Christmas Red yarn, it is Shepherd's Wool from stonehedge Fiber Mill, I love this wool for clothing items. The vest pattern in the picture is not the pattern I will be using. The pattern I am using is Reversible Cabled Vest. I have never made a vest and decided it was time to try my hand at one. I am working on lap robes for nursing homes. Bucky approves of the first one done. I love the colors, wish I could keep it myself.