Monday, May 28, 2012

Popsicles

Summer equates to a good popsicle. When I was a kid we would mix up a packet of Kool-Aid complete with the 2 cups of sugar required and pour the liquid into those Tupperware popsicle molds we all had. Good Eats! A couple of weeks ago I found a popsicle book: Perfect Pops. The 50 best popsicles, and thought I can make my own. So I bought the book and found a set of 6 molds. However, like buns and hot dogs you get more buns than dogs or the other way around and you get more popsicle than molds. I started with the Mango Lassi since I had mangos that need to be eaten in the frig. Mangos, lime and cardomon along with yougurt and sugar, well if they taste as good frozen as they did going into the mold, yummy for my tummy. The molds are in the freezer and I had enough for 2 small bowls full that I can take to work for an afternoon treat. So this summer I am on a popsicle adventure and once a week I shall see what I like and what I don't. Stay Tuned.