Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Recycled Toilet Paper

Here I am eating breakfast and on the front page of the local liberal rag is an article on recycled toilet paper. My first thought is oh gross is there a little elf sitting at the end of the sewer pipes collecting my toilet paper and taking it to some factory somewhere to recycle it. Of course not but what a thing to put on the front page. Well I guess it is better than another picture of the Imposter spewing lies.

Greenpeace is pushing TP manufacturers to stop using wood from virgin forests to make tissue products. They want them to take the paper we set out at the curb every week and make TP out of it. So if each family bought just one roll of recycled TP it would save 400K trees. The problem is each time paper gets shredded the fibers get shorter and therefore the TP gets rougher.

I don't know about you but I want a little soft on those parts of my body. So next time you go to the store bypass that green stuff unless you want a little chafing.

No comments: