Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Home Invastions

I had a home invasion last month, not the kind you are thinking of but so far to the tune of $6,000.00 and 4 racoons and a squirrel. Apparently the racoons are moving into my Housing Edition because some greedy house builders threw them out of their home across the street in a big empty field and now they need a new place to live. I am the 4th house in a year in my block to be invaded. Oh lucky me. Now anyone who knows me will tell you I love animals more than people and racoons are beautiful animals but they are very destructive.

They chewed a hole through my shake shingle roof, another reason not to have that kind of roof, and proceeded to make theirselves at home in my attic. They tore up the hose that connects all the heat ducts before the holidays and so my upstairs is like an icebox because half the rooms have no heat coming into them and believe me when it is -3 outside it gets cold in a house with no heat. They tore up all the insulation, and I don't know what else. They also one night decided to throw everything off my shelves with all my holiday decorations into the middle of the floor, it sounded like they were moving furniture and letting it drop which they kind of did.

So between Critter Control and my insurance it will be all taken care soon and I can't wait to get back to my house being my house and being able to put Christmas away. If you think the little varmints are cute, they are but beware their cuteness sucks you into their evil plan to take over your house.

No comments: