Monday, December 16, 2019

Christmas Cookies

We just had our Cookie/Candy sale at church. We had more candy than ever and even had an overflow table stacked with duplicates to be filled in slots as needed.  It was a very successful 5 hour sale. We also serve chili for lunch.

When my dad worked, on Black Friday mom and I would spend all day making cookies, decorated sugar cookies, spritzes, any kind of Christmas cookie we wanted to make.  We would take a box and cover it with paper and decorate it.  That next Monday dad would take it into work and the guys he worked with enjoyed the benefits of our day.  It was so much fun and the guys enjoyed the cookies so much. 

My last year of working I did this for the guys I worked with. It was a lot of work but it was worth the effort.  The cookies did not last long though and when gone, well I was not making any more.

Make a batch of cookies and take them to someone, it will be one of the best gifts you can give.


No comments: