Thursday, September 13, 2018

The Yellow Velour Sofa

We are having our Fall Fling at church which is basically a garage sale with lunch and baked goods.  When I walked in this morning to finish set up there is this yellow velour sofa.  The first thing I though of was the 60's and how are we gonna sell that.  So I put a Make Offer sign on it.  I am sure it was quite expensive in it's day but who on earth would want this.  I'll let you know if anyone buys it. I sure hope so cos I have no idea how I am gonna get rid of it.


No one bought the sofa although a couple of women were really interested but their housemates said an emphatic no.  It did provide a lot of levity and conversation with people at the sale though.  We ended up making $1500 despite not being able to sell this one of a kind sofa.