Friday, May 02, 2014

The Yarn Whisperer

I purchased this book because I loved Clara's segments on Knitting Daily, get her monthly Knitting Review, I had heard good things abut the book, and I knit. I did not really know what to expect but I find I can't put it down. There is a chapter on bobbles. I had to laugh because I hate to knit them and not sure where they are really appropriate but I have learned to make a good bobble (is there such a thing) you have to go down several needle sizes to make them tight and pop up. She talks about steeking, fair isle, duplicate stitch, etc. Each type of knitting is like a step in your life. I have to say I agree after reading this book. I love her style of writing and I find myself picturing several chapters in my head. This book mixes her life from a child to present day and how knitting has woven itself into her life. If you knit find yourself a copy and read it, but be prepared to take a day or two to read it in one setting. Clara, I miss you on Knitting Daily. Thanks for all I learned. http://www.knittersreview.com/clarabooks/yarn_whisperer.asp and while you are on this page sign up her newsletter.