Friday, August 23, 2013

Ric Rac or Rick Rack

I love rick rack, I have since I was a kid. Mom gave me a bag of old packages of rick rack the other day. I was looking at the back on one package and it says: "This product is guaranteed to be completely satisfactory and boil-fast. (Hmmm wonder what boil fast means and do you boil your rick rack?) Should any damage occur from the use of this trimming we guarantee to reimburse you for any materials or labor lost. (On further reading boil fast means fast to boiling-sunlight-perspiration or any ordinary use.) Use fast color thread in applying this material." I still don't know what boil fast means but I don't know what fast color thread is either. The company is Williamsport Narrow Fabric Co. from Williamsport Pennsylvania. This package is Fast Color Tidy Trim Mercerized Rick Rack, 3 yards, Size 29. BTW this company is now (Trimtex Company Inc is mostly involved in Narrow Fabric Mills. Trimtex Company Inc operates in Williamsport Pennsylvania 17703. This organization is involved in Narrow Fabric Mills as well as other possible related aspects and functions of Narrow Fabric Mills. In Williamsport Trimtex Company Inc maintains its local business operations and may well execute other local business operations outside of Pennsylvania in additional operations related to Narrow Fabric Mills.)