Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Sock Journey

I admit I am a sockaholic, I love to knit socks, they are easy and portable and they make great gifts. I make more for gifts than I do myself and that is about to change. Don't worry mom you and dad will get your socks every year until you tell me to quit, however... I have about 3 dozen sock pattern books and I decided this year to start working my way through them. So to start the journey I am starting with "Socktopus" by Alice Yu. There are 17 pair in this book. The first pattern is Totally Vanilla. A great formula to use for each sock you knit to get that perfect fit. So I have two skeins of Mission Falls 136 Merino Superwash in a brown/orange colorway. I am using size 3 dpns and cast them on this morning. Sit back and let's see how many socks I can get through this year.