Friday, August 31, 2012

RNC Convention

I dont watch conventions, they are too long and are they really necessary? I watched Sarah's speech last year but that was it. I actually watched most of this years. Let me just say I am not a Romney fan, he is not conservative enough for me but I don't have a choice but to vote for him. I am a huge Paul Ryan fan, he is a very smart young man with a bright future. The thing that stood out most for me was the Faith in this convention. This country was founded on faith and somewhere along the line we have let a few take over and delete the faith portion of this country. The "Prime Time" portion in the evening started with the Pledge, the Star Spangled Banner and a prayer and a smattering of faith songs. Many of the speakers talked about taking our country back to the faith on which we were founded. I was thinking the other day maybe Romney is who the country needs not so much based on the economy but on faith. I believe his marriage is built on true love, you can see the two of them really have a very strong marriage. Many men would have left with Anne's illnesses but not him he has stayed the course. He is truly a man of great faith, a very genuine person. I think this is what we need most, someone who is an honest decent human being who believes all things come from God, not the government. I believe if you have a strong belief in God and ask Him for what you need He delivers if you truly need it. This country needs help and God will help us if we have someone to lead us in that prayer. I recently read the book The Harbinger, it will scare you at the end. It speaks of Isaih 9:10 and talks about how things that happen in the Bible are coming true now, the towers of 9/11, the floods and hurricanes, the storms, the incidents, etc. Isaac is 7 years to the day after Katrina, things happen in 7 year stretches. Get the book and read it, it will make you look at things differently. There is the story about God wanted 10 men who had faith to stand up and he would save the people. Mitt and Paul are 2 of the 10 men and if we stand up with them, we can save America. There were some really great speeches but most of them all came back to God. It is time for America to come back to God. Are you ready to stand up?