Friday, March 09, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom

My mom is 79 today and her birthcake is turning into a somewhat disaster based totally on my lack of reading and understanding the directions. Everyone knows whip cream needs to be beat to form peaks, right, I obviously had a serious brain fart today because well here is what I did:

I boiled the whip cream and melted the white chocolate early this morning in order for it to set 3-4 hours before putting the strawberry cake together and then letting that set for another hour in order to be ready for lunch at noon. I just took the frosting out and it is still runny, oh crap what do I do, I have powdered sugar, after half a bag of powdered sugar it dawned on me you have to beat the whip cream with the mixer to make it non runny, duh! Oh did I mention I did not think it would be enough so I doubled the recipe as well. Well lets just say I have frosting running out of my ears and I may have to make another cake or something to use the leftover frosting. But it tastes good.

Happy Birthday Mom and maybe next year I will just buy a cake.

No comments: