Monday, September 14, 2015

Crafters Secret

No I have no secrets to share with you but I do have a yarn review.  If you have a Hobby Lobby you know they are only carrying their brand of yarn.  I found a brand called Crafters Secret which is almost identical to Red Heart.  Their dishcloth yarn is just like Sugar and Cream.  I don't like the idea that I had to pay $2.29 for a skein of dishcloth yarn but you would pay that much for one in the store and it would not last forever.  I used the Sinkmate dishcloth pattern which you can find on Ravelry. If you dont' like I-cord don't go there because you start with 76 rows of I-cord and pick up the middle and knit til you are out of stitches. 

You get 57 grams or 95 yards or 86 meters for $2.29.  I used 37 grams for the Sinkmate, so I have 20 grams to use with another color. I do have some gold that I am going to put the rest of the skein with.

I like Peaches and Crème better because I find it to be a softer yarn, prettier colors and much cheaper, you can still find it at Walmart for $1.47.  I think Sugar and Cream is the same expensive price now, so if you want to make dishcloths and only have a Hobby Lobby it will work just fine.  My only complaint is the price.