Sunday, January 26, 2020

Papillon

One of my friends at one of my knit groups showed us this beautiful shawl.  I was in awe and thought that is beyond my skill set.  And yes I make Alice Starmore sweaters so I thought it looked extremely complicate. She wanted to do it and I thought why not try it and see.  Well it took me less than a month to finish mine. It is just knit knit knit every row. HOwever there are 1698 rows which sound worse than it is however each row has many many many short rows so that is what takes so many rows.  It really is an easy pattern because if you can knit you can make this. HOWEVER, you need to count every stitch and pay close attention because it is easy to get off when doing the short row parts.  So mine is done but the weaving in ends and blocking and I am ready to start my next one.  I have at least 2 more planned.  THey are stunning no matter the color used.  So my first one.  BTW I love black, white, and red as a combo.  I wanted a black and white one but wanted a pop of color.  I will come back and post a completely finished one of this. Off to start my next one.


No comments: