Monday, September 14, 2015

#MandalasForMarinke

If you look at the first blog on my list on the right hand side you will see Mandalas for Marinke.  I never knew of Marinke or her work until she was gone.  She took her life because of depression.  I can not begin to even try to imagine what it must be like to live with demons in your head that won't leave.  This project was started in her honor.  I chose to participate because this is not something that can be fixed with surgery or a pill, it needs to have attention.   Look at the many shootings that have been by mentally impaired individuals.  I chose these colors because they remind me of the sun.  I always feel better on a sunny day even if it is the middle of winter and the temps are in the single digits.  Sunshine just makes you feel good.  Check out the blog to look at the mandalas and the beauty of their work.  A mandala can be simple or detailed but like snowflakes and people no two are the same.